Design, synthesis, characterization and quantum models of functional organic materials and nanomaterials.
Organic Functional Materials
- Conjugated molecular and polymer materials, organic semiconductors for applications in the fields of energy (photovoltaics and thermoelectrics), electronics, photonics, sensing.
- Photochromic and photoactive materials for active and adaptive optics, holography and nanopatterned optical lithography. Nanoactuators for ligh-stimulation of cells.
- Nanostructured carbon materials: graphene, graphene-oxide, carbon nanotubes, molecular graphites and polycyclic aromatic compounds, conjugated materials containing sp-carbon. Assessment of relationships among structure, spectroscopic response and physical properties by means of Raman, IR, UV-vis spectroscopies and Quantum Chemical modelling.
- Electrospun nanofibers for single-fiber electronic devices, conductive nanowires, sensing and biosensing.
- Metal nanoparticles and substrates for SERS. Development of high-sensitivity sensing devices of pollutant and drugs.