Claudia Pigliacelli is Junior Assistant Professor (Ricercatore RTD-A) at the 'Giulio Natta' Department of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineering of the Politecnico di Milano and works in the SupraBioNanoLab research group (www.suprabionano.eu) since 2020. She received her PhD in Pharmacy from the University of East Anglia (UK) in 2015. She worked as research assistant and post-doc researcher at Politecnico di Milano (2013-2016), and as post-doc researcher at Aalto University (Finland, 2019-2019) and at the Centro de Investigaciones Cientifícas Avanzadas (CICA, Universidade da Coruña, Spain, 2020). In 2019 she was awarded the MSCA SEAL OF EXCELLENCE @ POLIMI fellowship. Her current research activity is focused on the design of self-assembled nanostructured systems based on peptides, inorganic nanoparticles and hybrid systems to be employed as drug carriers, diagnostic/theranostic systems and sensors. She is also skilled in the use of electron microscopy techniques for nanomaterials characterization.
- Self-assembled peptide–inorganic nanoparticle superstructures: from component design to applications, C. Pigliacelli et al., Chemical Communications 2020,56, 8000-8014.
- Halogen Bond-Assisted Self-Assembly of Gold Nanoparticles in Solution and on a Planar Surface, K. B. Sanjeeva et al., Nanoscale 2019, 39, 18407-18415.
- Probing the molecular interactions between pharmaceutical polymeric carriers and bile salts in simulated gastrointestinal fluids using NMR spectroscopy, C. Pigliacelli et al., Journal of Colloids and Interface Science 2019, 551, 1, 147-154.
- In Situ Generation of Chiroptically-Active Peptide-Gold Superstructures Promoted by Iodination, C. Pigliacelli et al., ACS Nano 2019, 13, 2, 2158-2166.
- Encapsulation of Fluorinated Drugs in the Confined Space of Water-Dispersible Fluorous Gold Supraparticles, C. Pigliacelli et al., Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2017, 56, 16186-16190.
- Bioreducible Hydrophobin-Stabilized Supraparticles for Selective Intracellular Release, D. Maiolo et al., ACS Nano, 2017, 11, 9413-9423.