2010 - Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano
2013 - Master Degree cum laude in Chemical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano
2017 - PhD cum laude in Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano
2017 (October) - Assistant Professor, Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
2017-2017 Post-Doctoral Researcher, Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
2012 - (March-September) Visiting Master Student at National University of Ireland Galway, (Prof. H.J. Curran)
2013 - (October) Visiting PhD at National University of Ireland Galway, (Prof. H.J. Curran)
2015 - (February) Visiting PhD at National University of Ireland Galway, (Prof. H.J. Curran)
2016 - Visiting PhD at Argonne National Laboratory, IL, USA Chemical Science and Engineering Division (Dr. S.J. Klippenstein)
- Kinetic modelling of pyrolysis and combustion of fossil and bio fuels, pollutants formation, heterogeneous kinetics
- Theoretical calculations of rate constants and thermochemical parameters
- Development, assessment and simplification of detailed kinetic models
- Experimental measurements in rapid compression machines and shock tubes
- Data formatting, data analysis, big data, data exchange
Fellowshipa and Awards
- 2013-2016 PhD scholarship, Italian Ministry of Education (MIUR), Italy
- 2017 2nd position, PhD Award, PhD School in Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Supervision of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
Since 2013, I have supervised 10 B.S. students and 7 M.S. students.
Summary of academic achievements
- Matteo Pelucchi’s research has led to 13 refereed journal publications, 1 invited conference presentation, 10 presentations at international symposia and conferences. His papers are published in combustion, chemistry and engineering journals
- Citation Data (Oct 2017): Total Citations > 144; H-index = 5 (Scopus). 5 papers collected over 10 citations
2013-2017 Teaching Assistant “Fundamentals of Combustion” (Prof. E. Ranzi, Prof. A. Frassoldati)
2014-2016 Teaching Assistant “Combustion and Pollutant formation” (Prof. A. Frassoldati)
Selected evaluation service and memberships
2014- Member of the Combustion Institute
2014- Member of the Italian Section of the Combustion Institute
2014- Reviewer for “Combustion and Flame”, “Energy & Fuels”, “The Journal of Physical Chemistry A”
2016- Member of the Task Force on “Data Exchange”, COST Action CM1404
- Pelucchi, M., Somers, K. P., Yasunaga, K., Burke, U., Frassoldati, A., Ranzi, E., Curran H.J., Faravelli, T. (2015). An experimental and kinetic modeling study of the pyrolysis and oxidation of n-C3-C5 aldehydes in shock tubes. Combustion and Flame, 162(2), 265-286.
- Pelucchi, M., Frassoldati, A., Faravelli, T., Ruscic, B., & Glarborg, P. (2015). High-temperature chemistry of HCl and Cl2. Combustion and Flame, 162(6), 2693-2704.
- Ranzi, E., Cavallotti, C., Cuoci, A., Frassoldati, A., Pelucchi, M., & Faravelli, T. (2015). New reaction classes in the kinetic modeling of low temperature oxidation of n-alkanes. Combustion and flame, 162(5), 1679-1691.
- Pelucchi, M., Bissoli, M., Cavallotti, C., Cuoci, A., Faravelli, T., Frassoldati, A., Ranzi, E., Stagni, A. (2014). Improved kinetic model of the low-temperature oxidation of n-heptane. Energy & Fuels, 28(11), 7178-7193.
- Nativel, D., Pelucchi, M., Frassoldati, A., Comandini, A., Cuoci, A., Ranzi, E., Chaumeix, N., Faravelli, T. (2016). Laminar flame speeds of pentanol isomers: An experimental and modeling study. Combustion and Flame, 166, 1-18.
- Pelucchi, M., Ranzi, E., Frassoldati, A., Faravelli, T. (2016). Alkyl radicals rule the low temperature oxidation of long chain aldehydes. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute.
- Pelucchi, M., Cavallotti, C., Ranzi, E., Frassoldati, A., Faravelli, T. (2016). Relative Reactivity of Oxygenated Fuels: Alcohols, Aldehydes, Ketones, and Methyl Esters. Energy & Fuels, 30(10), 8665-8679.
- Bernardi, M. S., Pelucchi, M., Stagni, A., Sangalli, L. M., Cuoci, A., Frassoldati, A., Secchi, P., Faravelli, T. (2016). Curve matching, a generalized framework for models/experiments comparison: An application to n-heptane combustion kinetic mechanisms. Combustion and Flame, 168, 186-203.
- Ranzi, E., Frassoldati, A., Stagni, A., Pelucchi, M., Cuoci, A., Faravelli, T. (2014). Reduced Kinetic Schemes of Complex Reaction Systems: Fossil and Biomass-Derived Transportation Fuels. International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 46(9), 512-542.
- Pelucchi, M., Bissoli, M., Rizzo, C., Zhang, Y., Somers, K.P., Frassoldati, A., Curran, H.J., Faravelli, T. (2017). A kinetic modelling study of alcohols operating regimes in a HCCI engine. SAE International Journal of Engines 10.2017-24-0077 (2017).
- Debiagi, P. E. A., Gentile, G., Pelucchi, M., Frassoldati, A., Cuoci, A., Faravelli, T., & Ranzi, E. (2016). Detailed kinetic mechanism of gas-phase reactions of volatiles released from biomass pyrolysis. Biomass and Bioenergy, 93, 60-71.
- Carrera, A., Pelucchi, M., Stagni, A., Beretta, A., & Groppi, G. (2017). Catalytic partial oxidation of n-octane and iso-octane: Experimental and modeling results. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy.
Invited presentations to internationally established Conferences
2015 Invited Speaker at Young Researchers Colloquium, Clean Air Conference 2015, Lisbon, Portugal: “Detailed kinetic mechanisms for practical applications: new reaction classes and model reduction”