Born in Milan, January 31st, 1963.
1988 Degree (laurea) in Physics at University of Milan
1992 PhD degree in Materials Engineering at Politecnico di Milano
1994 Diploma of Specialization School “G. Natta” on Advances in Polymer Science, Politecnico of Milano
1995-1998 Post Doc at Department of Industrial Chemistry at Politecnico di Milano
1999 Researcher at the Department of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineering "G. Natta" of Politecnico di Milano
2014 Associate Professor at Politecnico di Milano
- 2001-2018: "Caratterizzazione e analisi dei materiali e delle superfici" offered for "Corso di Laurea in Ingegneria dei Materiali e delle Nanotecnologie"
- 2018- : “Introduzione alla scienza dei materiali B” offered for "Corso di Laurea in Ingegneria dei Materiali e delle Nanotecnologie"
- 2006- : "Nanostructured Materials" offered for Master Degree in Materials Engineering and Nanotechnology"
- Molecular dynamics and vibrational spectroscopy of organic materials.
- Quantum-chemical simulations of polyconjugarìted molecular systems and of their structural and electronic properties with a particular focus on possible applications in electronics and photonics.
- Spectroscopic characterization of polyconjugated molecules with large nonlinear optical responses and determination of the vibrational contribution to molecular hyperpolarizabilities.
- Use of vibrational spectroscopy to study possible effects of intermolecular interactions on the electronic properties of organic systems.
- Fluorescence in organic conjugates systems and “up- e down- frequency conversion” processes.
- Surface Enhaced Raman Spectroscopy (SERS) and Metal Enhanced Fluorescence (MEF).