Scientific collaborator in the project “Single-cell Evolution with patient-Derived Organoids”, a 5-year project awarded in 2018, led by Fondazione Centro San Raffaele (FCSR) and funded by CRUK (Cancer Research UK) and AIRC (Italian Society of Cancer Research).
Main research topic : Design of the microfluidic high-throughput platform for advanced drug screening on patient derived organoids, microfabrication of device for cellular assays.
Education and Carrier
- 2011, June 2012 - Oct 2019: Post-doctoral research associate at the Laboratory of Biological Structure Mechanics (LaBS). Main research topic was the modeling, fabrication and testing of microfluidics devices.
- Jan 2012 - May 2012 : Post-doctoral research associate at the Life Science Electronics Laboratory (CLSE) - EPFL École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne - Losanne (Switzerland) - Design of an electrical impedance micro-sensor for cell counting in microdevices for cellular assays.
- Sept 2008 – March 2009 – internship at Micronit Microfluidics – Enschede (The Netherlands), design and fabrication of the microfluidic device for the study of leucocytes transmigration in flow.
- Apr 2010 – Oct 2010 – visiting PhD student at the Life Science Electronics Laboratory (CLSE) - EPFL École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne - Losanne (Switzerland), design and fabrication of impedance sensors for cellular assays.
- 2011: PhD in Biomedical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano
- 2007: MS in Biomedical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano, 110/110
- 2004: BS in Biomedical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano, 103/110
- 2001: High School Diploma at Liceo Scientifico, Varese, Italy, 98/100
Participation to National/International Research Project
- November 2018 – today : “Single-cell cancer evolution in the clinic” – led by San Raffaele Hospital and funded by CRUK and AIRC. To deliver tools and devices that could be promptly implemented in a clinical setting, to pre-emptively intercept treatment resistance in individual cancer patients
- 2016 - 2018 : “Thermal water particles transport in respiratory system: aerosol inhalation enriched by nanoparticles”. Funded by Fondazione Forst – Fondazione ricerca scientifica termale, Rome
Role: Principal Investigator
- 2014 –2017 : “Self Assembled Monolayer coatings for lab-on-chip cell Sorting via Aptamer-Mediated reversible cellular adhesion (SAM4SAM)” funded by Fondazione Cariplo, Milan.
Role : Principal Investigator
- 2012 –2014 : “Miniaturized Electronic Unit for Nanoparticle Tracking based on Impedance Detection (MINUTE)” funded by Fondazione Cariplo, Milan.
- 2010- 2011 “PRIN 2008 - Design, modelling and prototyping of microfluidic devices with innovative materials and technologies”