Main tests and analysis:
- Mechanical tests: tensile properties, flexural properties, compressive properties, tear resistance, Charpy and Izod impact, scratch test, hardness, tensile impact strength, compression set, fracture toughness, friction coefficient, dynamic-mechanical analysis (DMA), Thermomechanical analysis (TMA)
- Chemical-physical analysis: determination of basic composition via IR, degree of cross-linking, glass fibre content, extractions, determination of PH, thermal stability (OIT), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), specific heat, thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) with smoke analysis via FT-IR, determination of carbon black and inorganic fillers, density
- Image analysis: optical microscopy, microtomography
- Rheological tests: viscosity with capillary rheometer, rotational viscosity, Melt Flow index (MFI), PVT curves, viscosity of solutions
- Environmental testing: simulated sunlight exposure (Xenotest), thermal cycling with controlled humidity, resistance to chemical sostances (Environmental Stress Cracking, ESC)
- Failure analysis
The laboratory management system is certified according to UNI EN ISO 9001-2015.